Welton St. Mary’s Church of England Primary Academy, School Drive, Welton, Lincoln, LN2 3LA
Administration Assistant (job share)
15 hours per week (Thursday and Friday) – Term time only
G3/SCP 06 – 09 (£18,065 – £19,171) pro rata
The admin team play a vital role in schools and the Governing Body are seeking to find someone who is committed to making a real difference; someone who takes pride in our school and wants to be part of a team that puts children first. If you are someone who wants to be part of an amazing team, is dedicated to making the school environment the best it can possibly be, well-motivated, with excellent communication and organisational skills to take on this important role, we would love to hear from you.
To be considered for the post it is essential to have:
- Previous administrative experience, ideally in a school setting;
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills;
- A flexible and professional approach to working in a busy and demanding environment;
- Excellent IT skills, with experience of Microsoft Word, Excel and knowledge of databases;
- Confidence and be welcoming and friendly.
If you feel that you have these skills and attributes, we look forward to hearing from you.
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please e-mail or ring to arrange an appointment.
Please contact the school for further information and an application pack by telephone on (01673) 860339 or by e-mail: Joanna.email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday 11th October 2019
Interviews will be held on Thursday 17th October 2019
Welton St. Mary’s CofE Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and this post will require an enhanced DBS check.
Vacancy: Teaching Assistant Level 1 (fixed term to 31.08.2020) Hours: 23.5 hours per week
Grade: G3 (point 6 – 9) Salary: £18,065 – £19,171
We are a large primary school in the heart of Welton village. We have a distinctive church ethos through which we teach our children values. We have two classes per year group with a total of 341 pupils. We are recognised by Ofsted as a GOOD school overall with outstanding leadership and management and behaviour and safety.
We are looking to appoint a dedicated and enthusiastic teaching assistant to join our friendly and supportive staff team. We are looking for a candidate who:
- will be an effective role model for our pupils
- has an understanding of the SEN code of practice for schools
- has an understanding and ideally has experience in teaching children on the autistic spectrum
- has an understanding and ideally experience of teaching English and Maths and other subjects
in the curriculum
- has experience of delivering learning intervention programmes with small groups of children
- has experience of working with children in a range of settings, across ages 4-11 years
- is suitably qualified, with excellent levels of English and Maths (at least GCSE)
- will act in accordance with school policies and procedures and relevant legislation, with
particular reference to; safeguarding, behaviour management, equality and diversity, health and
safety, security, confidentiality and data protection
- will assist with all aspects of classroom preparation for a range of activities
- will accompany children on off-site activities which enhance learning and development
- can assist at playtime and lunchtime as required
- will communicate effectively with pupils, parents, staff, and other professionals as appropriate
- can carry out personal care and hygiene duties, and administer basic first aid
The successful candidate should be wholeheartedly committed to the role and have a sense of humour, lots of energy, and a positive, enthusiastic attitude. They should want to make learning for children exciting and fun and show a willingness to ‘go the extra mile’, and get involved in the wider life of the school, including being flexible with hours where required. They should be self-motivated, flexible and adaptable and want to learn and develop their existing skills further.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack. Closing date is 10th October 2019.